What is UW–Madison indicia?
The University asserts ownership and all right, title, and interest in and to its indicia, which includes trademarks, service marks, mascots, slogans and any other indicia that is associated with or refers to the University.
The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System owns and supervises use of University indicia. Examples of University indicia include any graphic representation relating to the following:
- University of Wisconsin®
- University of Wisconsin–Madison™
- University of Wisconsin Badgers™
- Wisconsin Badgers®
- Bucky Badger™
- The Motion W logo (requires ®)
- Bucky Badger logo (requires ®)
- Bucky Badger on W logo (requires ®)
- Football helmet logo (requires ™)
- Crest W logo (requires ®)
- Numen Lumen seal (requires ™)
- Camp Randall Stadium™
- Kohl Center™
- Fifth Quarter™
- The Wisconsin Union™
- Memorial Union Terrace™
- Union Terrace™
- Memorial Union™
- The Wisconsin Union at the University of Wisconsin–Madison™
- Terrace chair logo (requires ™)
The director of trademark licensing will be the clearing entity for all of the above-mentioned indicia.